Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finders Keepers


“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST. (Matthew 11:28).

I thank God daily (literally all day!) because of this new journey of self-exploration that He has initiated in my life. I’m growing more into myself (the Nicole I was created to be), and my desires, priorities, and understanding are growing by leaps and bounds! As mentioned, in my last entry I am reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and this experience has been nothing less than amazing. I find myself wanting to hurry to the next chapter, but I’m learning greater self-control because we are asked to read only one chapter a day. And this recommendation has really had an effect on my life. I’m learning to savor the things of God and not be in such a rush to “get through (yet) another lesson”.

God is teaching me that slowing things down does not always equal a hindrance that needs to be bound up. I think that as bold Christians, we get used to always being on the defensive side of spiritual warfare. We’re always READY to rebuke, bind, cast out, and send the enemy packing! And this is great, but I’ve learned something quite valuable on this journey. If we daily prepare ourselves with God’s word through reading, meditation, and savoring, we create an atmosphere which discourages the enemy from even looking in our direction! He glances at us in this prepared state, shrugs his shoulders, and moves on to someone who is not as certain of their position in God’s heart. Why? Because we have entered into the rest of God, and Satan understands that regardless of how much of a great sandstorm he whirls around us, we’ll only snuggle closer to our Heavenly Father and laugh at his childish antics! He figures “what’s the use if there is no reaction?”

People, I have found my golden ticket in the Wonka Bar, but where I’m granted access into is far better than some trippy candy factory! I have found God’s rest, and here the minute things happening on earth don’t phase me, and neither does Nicole (the worrying nag I must refer to in the third person) blow a strong enough wind to move even a wisp of my carefree hair. I love it here in God’s rest and will be staying here indefinitely until I meet King Jesus face to face (“in case yo momma asked”---> inside joke). But, the great part is you can join me. There is plenty room and you don’t even have to eat a million candy bars to get an admission ticket.

Finders Keepers!

Nikki D


No comments:

Post a Comment