Friday, April 22, 2011

Responsibility: A Hard Pill to Swallow


I am in humble submission writing this entry as I endure the spiritual lashings of my chastisement. Man… I was a sad case for a moment, but thank God for the Holy Spirit who gets us together even when it hurts (See: “This hurts Me more than it’s going to hurt you.”). In meditation, it was brought to my attention that I just don’t take responsibility for my actions all the time. I would much rather make excuses in less than desirable circumstances. And like many others, after I have made the excuses for being mediocre in certain areas, I run to the Father in prayer for Him to make it all better.

However, comma, but! I hear the words of Paul as I press into God for answers. “For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat” (Hebrews 5:12). Subsequently, I began to smell the Similac on my own breath which has replaced the T-bone steak of my teaching and understanding. It’s hard to confess when you’re wrong, and the reason for a particular failure! However, this step is necessary for our spiritual growth. It’s time that we mature in our faith and stop making excuses for unresolved issues.

Jesus never said that walking in purpose (on purpose) was easy work, but He did tell us to fret not because He has overcome the world (John 16:33). Furthermore, to quit or never initiate a task because of its difficulty is unacceptable! God holds us to a standard of holy excellence, and we are destined to achieve this as we continue to strive; adorned with our blood stained banner. In this season, God is in search of believers who dig in their heels and brace themselves for the wave that approaches. And on the back end of this wave will be the blessings and manifestations of God. Before these blessings surface, however, we conduct a self-inventory check; taking responsibility for our shortcomings.

God loves us, but we have to grow up and take responsibility for our circumstances. Otherwise, He will lovingly leave us behind in our Pull-Ups (training pants) as He goes on to bless the spiritually mature!

Advance your thinking and be responsible!

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment