Monday, April 11, 2011

I Declare “NO”!

Not knowing when to say NO had never really been an issue of mine, or so I thought. It’s a wonder how the very issues that you deal with personally are the things that God unctions you to share in order to help others. And the even crazier part about it is that this teaching usually takes place while you, yourself, are in the midst of the lesson. So today good people, I admit that saying NO has been an issue for me.

I am a sucker for a sob story; however, if you read Breaking the “Sob Story “Cycle then you understand that sob stories and pity parties are babysitters for Satan. However, the convincing stories of others’ woes still tug at my heart strings from time to time. And before I know it I’ll allow myself to be pulled into carrying the burdens of others. But, I thank God for Holy Spirit revelation because this day I say NO to carrying unwarranted burdens. I can remember a quote that read “your poor planning and/or procrastination does not constitute an emergency on my end.” With that said, I no longer have time to waste on pity parties, sob stories, and “woe is me” scenarios because I have a great assignment in front of me. And just like a newly pregnant mother I am very protective of my belly, and rightfully so! What God has conceptualized, and is now initiating the contractions for will not be hindered by my incapability of saying NO.

So although it may feel as though I’m letting people down, or am being new in my attitude and approach, I am simply being selective of who I allow to “touch my stomach”. The baby that is birthed will benefit the world, but I must do the pushing. And with that said I must declare an amplified NO to every spirit that attempts to hinder the birthing of this vision. You will not abort this process and neither will I because I have learned when enough is really enough… and today I say NO!

Signing Off!

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment