Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Balancing Act: Living In This World w/o Being of This World


~Matthew 11:28-30~

Hey Everyone!

As I sit here contemplating on the mental states of people in this world, I begin to thank God for having stability and balance in my life. I have come to the conclusion, after reading comments on facebook and listening to individuals speak, that following the trends of this world only lead to schizophrenia or bi-polar syndrome! People are just all over the place as they attempt to ascend the ladder towards success; however, they are lacking true inner peace. The Word precisely says that "a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways." (James 1:8) Moreover, as I draw closer to God, and mature physically, as well as spiritually, I am beginning to, even the more notice, the sad reality of a life lived without Christ.

People have no balance without Christ's spirit living within; they are up and down, hot and cold. Thus, you never know what to expect when you offer a causal salutation to your fellow human being nowadays. Personally, my "hellos" and "how are you doings?" have been met with scowls, blank looks, and, far in between, a reciprocated greeting. Humanity is no longer a sought after quality in today's society as folks plagued with stress try desperately to keep up with the masses. What would happen if everyone were introduced to their true identity and role in life? Wow, what a change such a phenomenon would bring to this earth!

People constantly flaunt their degrees and know-all as if these are their golden tickets into Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. They follow the world's system of rules and regulations like well-oiled, brain-washed robots; hoping to one day arrive at wherever their intended destination. Inversely, I find it unnecessary to flaunt what I have accomplished or am well literate/read in, because I understand that none of this worldly hoopla matters anyway. I do everything to bring glory and honor to my Father in heaven who is keeping a running account of every scene that I perform on this earthly stage. Thus, since I'm center stage, I believe that I should try my best to please the One who really matters and controls the very breath in my body.

Get your minds right people (and I cannot stress this enough)! No one really cares how much educational, medical, scientific etc. jargon you have accumulated! What have you done for God lately, who have you touched with the spirit of Christ living within you? Once people realize what's really important and their priorities are put into proper perspective, they will achieve balance! However people, you will never get this by "going harder and going stronger" or "getting it how you live." God can only supply the peaceful balance needed to survive/thrive in a world where the carnal and the internal spirit war daily! Choose God or become another mental case statistic... the ball is definitely in your court!

Think about it!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment