Thursday, March 11, 2010

Men Problems!!! (Arrrggg)

In this day and age there are so many BOGUS representations of what a real man is supposed to embody. Therefore, so sick of seeing the numerous knock-off, fake, celebrity wannabee men, I began to believe that the real man was an extinct species. Even the one great example that I had once possessed in my life (daddy) left me in death. Thus, my feelings towards men gradually grew from anything positive to pure annoyance and disdain!

I truly had to have a reality check, and it came in the form of a dream. Not to go into detail, but this dream was intense and left me spoofed. Alarmed to the point where I needed to conduct further investigation into it ( I know really?). I researched a Bible based dream dictionary and basically stayed long enough in quiet time before God until He gave me an explanation of this weird "sleeping movie" (okay... so I just made that up).

Surprisingly, what God had revealed to me was that I had been deeply hurt by the rejections of my first love. Also, the death of my father had cemented a sense of abandonment from all men in my mind. Wow! I was in complete awe because the enemy had me completely fooled y'all! I thought I was cool! I thought I was rightfully living in expectation of my soul mate! However, in actuality those hidden strongholds in my mind regarding men were keeping me at a standstill in the relationship department.

Now I understand that no man is going to be my "knight in shining armor" who saves the day and heals the wounds. If this were the case I would have no need for Christ; and this notion is simply out of the question! However, the enemy had me distorting this realization to the extreme; thus leading me to believe that ALL earthly men (human) were unworthy of my trust. But, I thank God for shedding His magnificent light unto this situation because now I AM FREE! Free to move on enjoy the life of companionship, camaraderie, and love that God promised me. Because, remember the foundation of God's love is built on wholesome and strong relationships.

Thus, be blessed good people and make it a practice to ask God to put those strongholds of your mind in check. He will reveal them to you, and get this, will help you to remove them as well. So, don't be afraid to ask for help with them because it is by His power alone that they will be completely removed; leaving you fully restored.

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment