Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Endurance Training (Weak Minds Need Not Apply)

Good Day Mates! This post is just for ranting and venting purposes; however, hopefully someone will be able to gain some inspiration as well. So I kinda have this morning routine: I wake up at 6:30 and watch Joyce Myers, Creflo Dollar, and then KCM (Kenneth Copeland Ministries); then, when Funniest Home Videos comes on I know its 8:00 and time to get dressed. So this morning Cref (my nickname for Pastor Dollar) was talking about not working in your emotions and doing things that God prescribes for you to accomplish even when you don't feel like it. And to make a long story short, he touched on how the enemy works and has power in your emotional moments. So, just like God, right after hearing that, he allows for the exam to follow the lesson.

I open the door and burst out laughing because I know that this rainy and dreary day just has to be the punch line to some cruel joke. (Mind you I wanted to stay in my bed because I didn't FEEL like getting up, but I still pressed on). Then I get to my class and we receive our graded papers back from the teacher and I got a 100% (go Nicole, It's your birthday!). However, my mini celebration is halted because of the constant cursing and bleeps leaving the mouth of the classmate in front of me. "What is his deal?" I'm thinking. He proceeds to ask me what I received, and I disclosed the information (bad move). Then he asks if he can pay for my paper because the girl he originally paid to complete the assignment for him plagiarized; thus, he got a zero! Now what I wanted to say was going to start off with a "Negro please..." But, all that came out was, "Sweetheart, I can not do that." (Two points for the Holy Spirit helping me tame my tongue!)

Then after class (back in the cold rain, might I add) I go to the bus stop to catch it to my next class. So, this big dude comes and literally almost sits on me. Now I'm big too so for him to act as if he didn't not see me sitting there to the point where I had to hurry and move over had me stunned! I immediately began asking myself, "Am I invisible? Did I just enter the twilight zone?" So, to recap: this guy acted as if he didn't see me and almost sat on me right after the dude tried to make a bogus proposition with me for my paper! Trifling People! However, I came out victorious because I did not work in my emotions and give both those gentlemen a piece of my mind! Thus, the Holy Spirit is truly helping me to continue to maintain my attitude of love towards my fellow brothers and sisters! Final Score: Nicole: 2 points, Enemy: ZERO!!!!

I'm out good people be blessed this Hump Day, remembering to continuously renew your mind with the help of the Almighty!

Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Awesome testimony! I'm always impressed by the power and prose of the Holy Spirit- always teaching me to speak the truth in love.

    Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you fueled up on the right things before you stepped out the door.

    I am enjoying your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tamika and Rose! The Holy Spirit is what gives me strength to persevere through the foolishness found in this world!

    Be Blessed ladies!

    ReplyDelete