Monday, July 11, 2011

Planking… All the Rage…Really?


I was lost, but now I’m found. I have discovered what all the commotion is regarding this planking business. I was tired of being “out of the loop” on numerous FaceBook and Twitter feeds, so I headed over to my trusty compadre Google. And as always, my friend in deed came though like a champ. To my surprise I discovered that planking is just substitute verbiage for another “P” word that Christians have been practicing for centuries. I’ve always known this act as lying prostrate. By definition, prostrate is lying face down on the ground; and this is how Christians traditionally approach God in prayer; showing lowly humility.


Now, don’t get me wrong this “Planking Fiasco” is quite amusing (to each his own), but really people? Do we not have things better to do with our lives? Well, that’s a question that only you can answer. In the meantime, in between time, I’ll keep living while ya’ll play dead!

Holla!

Nikki D

3 comments:

  1. Tell em Nickki D... I never understood it anyway... I think it just looks absolutely stupid and uncomfortable... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read Nikki! I too wondered what in the world was going on with folks. However , I have read that some think it to be racist. I read "Planking" was how they used to stack slaves on slave ships, again, something I read. Not sure if its even true. Have you found any info stating it had to do with slavery? Things that make you go wtw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lita... everything can have a racial slant if you look for the Black and White in every situation. Yes, I've read commentarry about it being racist... However, even if this is the case it's RETARDED! People need to find a life ASAP!

    ReplyDelete