Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making Every Scene Your Scene


Now I was the queen of the phrase, “That’s just not my scene”; and rightfully so in many instances. However, I discovered a secret that forever changed my life. I can make any scene my scene. How, by simply promising myself that wherever I am, whether in a stuffy room of borderline pharisaical Christians, or in a crowd of anything-goes-willy-nilliy free spirits, I would have a great time. And as a result, I transferred this social lesson into my lifestyle.

I found my happy medium and truly embody the words of Paul when he said “I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances” (Philippians 4:11 NIV). It wasn’t that his circumstances morphed or that his “ideal world” was now present; no, Paul’s outlook on life itself changed. He discovered that life is comprised of more than dwelling on routine or happenstance. Paul understood that the secret to activating joy in every aspect of his existence was proper perspective.

Now, when I find myself in less than desirable situations, or in the company of those who are not necessarily “my cup of tea”, I remember Paul’s message. I willingly decide to make a glorious occasion out of every situation. Whether I break up the boring monotony of a lackluster conversation with a corny joke, that only I get, or sing songs of praise in the midst of utter sorrow, I consciously enjoy every moment in my life. Optimism doesn’t necessarily remedy life’s tough scenes, but it sure does help the time go by! And like the adage goes, “time flies when you’re having fun!”

So, enjoy every scene in your life regardless of how mundane or awful it may seem at any particular moment. Make it your own, and you’ll realize just how great God’s Spirit is residing within you. The joy of salvation is our strength! Therefore, live, laugh, love, and make every scene your scene!

Peace Out Home Skillets!

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment