Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Work Your Gifts!

Seasons change, situations evolve, and personalities mature. As I find myself emerging into this new environment the excitement of it all is somewhat contagious. While contemplating the happenings of today, the hot sensation of newness and exhilaration raced through my body. I ♥ Georgia and am so happy that I followed instructions and moved to this state. I will always be a Floridian at heart, BUT Atlanta is beginning to grow on me. I can hear the skeptics saying, “Girl, it’s only been two months.” But, in that short period of time there is something about the energy and momentum of this city that keeps me thrilled.

My new location helped me realize that God has a uniquely special plan for my life. And the awesome thing about it is that only I can do it! With that said there comes a time in everyone’s life when we just have to “make it do what it do.” Let’s ride the wave of our full potential. God has given us all gifts and talents to use for the up building of the Kingdom. However, it’s up to us to take advantage of those impartations. One day God gave me the revelation of the scripture “The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord" (Psalm 37:23). He told me plain and simple that the outcome of ordered steps is dependent upon the one with the feet. Amazing! Subsequently, many of us wait around for God to drop things out of the sky when God is waiting for us to be proactive and use what He has already downloaded into our spirits via the Holy Spirit.

Therefore, let’s get out people and make it happen. Stop sitting around longing to be delivered from your current circumstances because true delivery requires action. So if you want the baby out—push! Not to be crude in my analogy, but Christians have to get active. Let’s start writing those business plans, paying down debt, working those diet plans, and showing the world what it’s like to be on the Winning Side. People of God, we have to take our evangelism to another level. If we are busted and disgusted, depressed and penniless, why would the lost world want to be saved? Therefore, be an inspirational example of what happens when acquired spiritual and practical wisdom are combined.

Let’s go people of God. I want to see us in every arena. I want it to get to the point that the woman who waxes my eyebrows and the brother who paints the wall in my house are both Christian entrepreneurs handling business!

Let’s Go!

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment