Thursday, August 19, 2010

Song Anyone?

Ever notice how when you are down in the dumps and feeling out of place in your world that the right song has the power to make things all better? The healing qualities of music are so profound that even the melodies themselves have the capability of “curing” aliments of the heart. As I sat today in the bookstore feeling sad and awkward, I thought to look up some of the psalms (songs) in the Bible. David was the ultimate psalmist of his time, and many of the words he wrote were similar to the feelings that I go through currently. There are times when you just hate (for lack of a better word) your life and the things that are taking place in it, but you know in the pit of your very being that God has your best intentions at heart.

However, as Christians sometimes it’s hard to admit that we are having an “off” day because people assume that we are always enthusiastic and “on” for God. There are those times; however, when you just feel down; those times when your thinking skates on the brink of schizophrenia. And for any Christians out there who claim to never have off days because they are now kids of the King are liars (yes, LIARS are what I called them)! I am human, and I am daily accepting my humanness. It sounds ridiculous, but when you’ve been raised in the church and religion was pumped into your psyche twenty-four-seven, it’s sometimes difficult to separate your spiritual from your physical self.

This struggle between earthen vessel and holy internal gift is overwhelming at times, but I know that with God’s continued help I will win the battle every time. In the meantime, and in between time I’ll just put my earphones in my ears, blast the latest fave of my tunes, and belt out (in my Whitney Houston voice lol) the lyrics. Anyone else wanna join me? Let’s just have a jam session that mends the soul… Song anyone?

And IIIIII will always love yooooou!

Nikki

(Hey forward me some feel good songs that help get you through the day! Thanks guys.)

My Playlist Lineup (As of today)

Green Light John Legend
Run ‘Til I’m Finished Smokie Norfold
Doo Wop Lauren Hill
The Garden Marvin Sapp
Happy Being Me Angie Stone
PYT Michael Jackson (Michael was bad ya’ll!)
Under My Skin Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment