Saturday, May 15, 2010

Take Off the Church Hat and Loosen the Tie!


I’m a fun loving individual, so why would that change because I now imitate Christ? It won’t! I love to laugh, crack jokes, dance, listen to music, cook for friends and family, and just be around good people! God in my life has only enhanced my love for all of these things! So many individuals think that once they get saved they must discard all the things about their “old self” and then become some stern religious prude! Not true. The things inside of you were placed there by God, but when you were in the world you were not using them for His glory. Now you just have to flip that thing. For example, instead of dancing in the club, I dance at church (or anywhere for that matter lol)! My dancing is just an expression of the joy that I now have fully (see: David dancing out of his clothes). I still blast my music and sing at the top of my lungs when I get the urge.

It bothers me that so many Christians discard the subtle nuances that Christ specifically and purposefully designed for them. Your identity is found IN Christ people! He will amplify those things that you love and receive the glory out of everything that you do. He calls us the apple of his eye; therefore, what makes you think that God doesn’t want us to have fun? He changes our desires for the righteous things in life when we allow him to direct our paths.


The world is looking for an alternative to the constant grind of living without Christ, but why would they approach someone who is SO SAVED that they don’t smile or laugh?! And just like that you have missed the chance to draw one of God’s little ones into the fold. Loosen up people and understand there is a time and place for everything! Take off your church hats, loosen the neckties and stop being Pharisees! Smile, have fun, and watch how many more lost souls will be drawn to the Christ in you!

Love you all!


Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment