Sunday, May 16, 2010

Questions: Maybe You Can Help Me With the Answers


Everything that God is capable of doing has been proven in His word. He has proven that He can save; He can deliver; He can set free; that He can do exceedingly abundantly above all that one can ask or even think (Ephesians 3:20). He has proven that He can bring peace to a weary land (Isaiah 32:1-8). However, what is it that you can prove, today, that you can do for God?

Can you sit and be still long enough to know that He is God?
Can you refrain from your own will to follow Him?
Can you have enough faith to trust in His excellence when the circumstances look subpar?
Can you do what He asks of you without question or rebuttal?
Can you go when He says go, move when He says move, love when He says love, give when He says give?
Are you willing to go to the ends of the earth to show yourself approved, and to prove your loyalty to God?

Are you really willing? Not just lip service or showtime/primetime service willingness, but are you even willing to prove yourself behind the scenes with no recognition?
Are you willing to continuously do what’s right in the corner, in the dark, behind closed doors to prove yourself worthy?
Are you willing to look fear in the eye even with trembling in your legs and proclaim that for God I live and for God I die?
Are you willing to leave those things, people, and surroundings that are comfortable to live approved in the eyes of God?

What exactly are you willing to do for God? What are you willing to give up for God? What are you going to do for God to prove yourself worthy of His blessings, His outpouring of admiration, His mercy and kindness, His willingness to give an undeserved second chance? How are you willing to prove yourself to the One who has continuously proven Himself to you?

Pray this prayer:

God this day I want to prove myself to you fully. I want to give myself to you, and die to my own will; that I may be resurrected as a new creature in you. I want to prove my loyalty, love, affection, and honor to you through my actions. This day I will take in to account these questions which have been asked, and daily make progress (with the help of your Spirit) to prove myself to you. Hold me accountable for my place in your family because no longer will it be acceptable to be a bench warmer. Help me to prove myself worthy and show myself approved.

In Jesus name, Amen.

God is holding us accountable.

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment