Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Confessions of a Know-It-All: "The Truth Shall Make You Free, But First It Kicks You in the Face!"


Hola Amigos!

As you can see from the title people I was in denial about my attitude situation that I had going on under the disguise of brilliance in any given field. I believed that I had the right to enlighten everyone around me when the topic of “my subject” arose. I mean, why wouldn’t you want tips from the so called expert? However, when the truth was given to me straight from the King’s mouth, he blatantly told me that I talk to much! Urrrk (screeching record)! My bubble was popped and all discombobulated people! I mean what did God mean I talk too much?

Well God quickly brought me back to a couple of months ago when I was supposed to be reading 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue by Deborah Smith Pegues, and how I got so side tracked that I never finished. So, last night I picked the book up and lo and behold in true Jesus Christ fashion the chapter that I land on was entitled The -Know-It-All Tongue. (pop) All I could do was shake my head and proceed with my chastening. I learned that people get tired of hearing others speak about how much they know even if it’s in good intention. Moreover, according to Proverbs 12:23, “Wise people don’t make a show of their knowledge.” (NLT) However, the thing is I had been so deceived by the enemy that I did not realize the pride that had risen within me when it came time to share my “God- given declarations of knowledge”! I was baffled and that truth did indeed kick me in the head!

Thus, people take the phrase "I know" out or your vocabulary! There is always more to learn even if you are a so called expert in the field. “I know” shuts done communication, sending a signal to the brain to disregard all the information following the uttered phrase. Stop being a know-it-all (I sure am with the help of God)! Because understand, if you indeed know it all then what is the use of having God to order your steps? (yeah, it got you right there in the pit of your stomach, didn’t it?) There would be no need for the Savior’s help, guidance, teaching, or life for that matter because you have already arrived! Sooo, HUSH…. God is trying to tell you something.

Until next time, be blessed good people.

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment