Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jesus…Got An App For That?


With advances in technology surfacing every other millisecond, the world has grown accustomed to instant gratification. Instant gratification has now even got a microwave version called Quick Response. Translation—RIGHT NOW! As one of few earthlings who has yet to join the society of smartphone users, I surprisingly don’t feel at a lost. While the world goes around uploading videos, scanning company barcodes, and updating Twitter feeds, I reserve the right to live a simple life. And this vow is simply joyous! My life lacks the toil of trying to remain on top of the up-and-coming; however, I remain keenly aware of the space and time in which I reside. The lack of empty distractions has allowed me to locate my purpose and destiny. Thus, I have progressively been downloading what I’ll dub my Jesus App into my “smart” dome—head that is.

I marvel at people constantly found clicking on their phones, “living” technologically-sound and busy lives. They download game apps for happiness, music apps for relaxation, news feed apps for up-to-date information, and apps for this, and apps for that. But I, with my regular phone, am doing just fine with my one Jesus App! He supplies all of my needs and this is accomplished without the dogged stress that the world endures as they toil to make things happen. My Jesus App equips me for every avenue in life and supplies me with the grace to handle its hiccups. Moreover, when I employ my Jesus App work seems like play, and attempted turmoil; misdirected victory.

With Jesus, all I do is win! Therefore, I suggest that today you clear your schedule, erase some of those screen cluttering life apps, and download a user friendly Jesus App. Allow Him to transfer His grace, mercy, salvation, love, peace, and joy into your spirit today. And as you freely upload your feelings, desires and prayers, Jesus will download your daily bread. Finally, stop the app downloading frenzy that the world requires, and tap into God’s zoe life by today downloading your own Jesus App.

Approve This Download?

Lord I thank you for making clear today the things that are necessary in life. I thank you for de-cluttering my existence so that I can really start living. Thank you for helping me understand that I’m nothing without you, and that only you can supply me with the Bread of Life.

In Jesus Name. Amen.

Blessings good people,

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment