Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love: The Heart of the Matter

With so many worldly and satanic outside influences it’s a wonder that the very thing that is killing off Christians is an internal conflict. We learn from the words of scripture that flesh and spirit war daily (Gal. 5:17). However, the conflict that many Christians have is a battle with showing their transparency and vulnerability to the world. Just last night I found myself operating in the spirit of annoyance. I was annoyed with everything; my life, my family, my surroundings, everything! I was determined to find scripture to combat such feelings because although no name (at the time) could precisely pinpoint these emotions I knew that they were robbing me of my joy. I began to read scripture in 1 John that spoke on the love of God and how as followers of God we are to love as He does. It became clear to me that the enemy attacks the very thing within me that God is using to bring me before great men and women; my loving heart.

My heart has always been huge and very receptive to the needs of others, even when my will wanted to make my heart tendencies cease (to exist). But, what God was (and is) revealing to me is that what I thought was a weakness of mine (my big loving heart), because of the vulnerability that it sometimes brought, was my greatest asset in His kingdom. People are never receptive to individuals who they feel do not care for them. Therefore, my constant wearing of my heart on my sleeves is the catalyst that draws the audiences when I speak and/or write.

However, the enemy has many believers feeling that to show the emotional workings of the heart is weak; and could possibly produce loss of ground in situations. This is a lie people! God loved David and brought promotion and favor to his life because he was a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22). God is love; thus, it is not until we tap into the essential love of God and begin to show it to the world that God’s favor will manifest. It’s time that people of God love with unrelenting, resilient love. In the face of opposition, love. When it makes you feel weak, love. Because love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8); and those sins are both the people that you are loving on and those that you notice when the reflection in the mirror is yours.

Your greatest asset in the kingdom of God is your love capacity. How much do you love regardless of wrongdoing? In love you will find the missing link in your chain towards eternal success. Love breeds the character of champions!

Love you all,

Nikki D

No comments:

Post a Comment